OEM software for blood banks and plasma houses
For a global player in the pharmaceutical research and medical diagnostics field apartis created a worldwide pooling system and conducted the highly demanding needs analysis beforehand. This apartis OEM software is currently deployed in over 150 blood banks and plasma houses in numerous countries with compulsory NAT testing.
The software component of the system has the approval of the American, Canadian and some Asian authorities and is CE-certified for the European market.
apartis software features:
- Direct pooling methods for pools of 1, 6, 24 and 48
- Two-step pooling methods for pools of 96 and 480
- Secondary pooling for positive findings (pools of 4, 6, 12, 48)
- Optional use of a 96 batch rack
- Resolution pooling to identify donors with a viral disease (HIV, HCV, HBV)
- Batch rack creation of controls and pools in one run
- Flexible loading with volume adjustments
- Fully automatic post pooling for error handling and correction
We have already performed some scientifical studies about optimization of pooling methods. As an example AABB (American Association of Blood Banks) choose us 2006 to present our results as a poster at their annual meeting in Miami, FL. This study was performed together with Jon Nunes and Mike Takeuchi from Roche Molecular Systems in Pleasanton, CA.